Trouble with Brandt at Rupp Parts

pomfish

Having worked in business for over 25 years one of the first things I learned was that if a Retailer can't answer an honest question BEFORE you buy their product, they sure as heck will Not answer any inquires After you own the product.
It is a Huge Red Flag and should be your signal to find another retailer.

And yes, I too have emailed this guy about a part I wanted but needed more info as I did not want something I can't use. Emailed him thru Ebay twice. About 1 month later he emails me back telling me he has the part in stock and do I want to order it.
Still never answered the freakin question.

Needless to say, I did not order anything and when I saw his trailer at Windber this year I walked right on by. I got a long memory when it comes to chowderheads.

Like Steve said, I will not buy a Rupp if I know it will need alot of hard to get parts and that I may to use this trout for parts. They ain't all that anyway.

Ive seen a couple of these threads in my short time here. Its a real shame when people are treated this way. It happens a lot with drag racing engines and parts also. I live in ST.Peters Mo which is about a 45 min drive from his shop in Festus Mo.

I was planning to take a drive down there to pick up a few things. I called and got no answer,so ive been putting it off. It sounds like he could have a reasonably good business if he would stay on top of it. In our current economy its hard enough to attract customers period!

Im guilty of the opposite. I love bomb my customers with more phone calls then maybe some would like, and send thank you cards to prospective customers thanking them for their time and giving us the opportunity to be their contractor in the future.

Im still going to drive down there soon. But im prob going to wait until I have a sales call in that area. I will report back on the experience.

MiniBike Paul

Mr. 1BadFox, if you go there will you please tell him about my thread here and that he needs to call me! THANK YOU!!!
I have spoken to the Festus, MO Chamber of Commerce and the business license folks at the city hall and no one knows of him or his company!!

They just told me that his address is 1261 Canepa Road, is that correct??

Last edited:
Good and bad. I bought some cables from him and got them quick, then tried to order another set and got SCREWED. Sent numerous emails, etc, etc, no response at all. I finally had to sick Paypal on him to get my money back. Very douchey/squirrely person to attempt to do business with. Make SURE you use Paypal so if he screws you too, at least you can get your money back. Watch out! Sure wasn't that way when Nitro Joe owned it!

Kiss my rupp

Hey Steve. Do't hold back...tell us what you really think..img]http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif[/img]
Well I do know about RUPP as I was a Rupp Dealer and sold some of their bikes. I have a Rupp Centaur Trike now. I have made Rupp Trike t-shirts and I have all kinds of Rupp patches for my riding vest.
KISS MY RUPP , LIVE IT UP RUPP , SPEEDY GONZALES RIDES A RUPP , RUPP RIDERS CLUB, RUPP LOVER , YOU'VE BEEN RUPPTURED , RUPP # 1

And I always tell it like it is. Best policy

Steve :scooter:

It happens a lot with drag racing engines and parts also.
You hit the nail on the head. Much worse for people that don't use the internet .

There's a well known engine builder named Andy Mitchell that used to be fairly big in the Vintage Pontiac world until he took deposit money from people on engines, cylinder heads, blocks, etc. and never delivered.

But he's in all the general magazines like Popular Hot Rodding, etc. to prey on new victims, and the magazines look the other way while taking his advertising dollars, and letting him build engines for magazine articles. There's nobody in the Pontiac world that will deal with him unless they only go by the magazines, and never get on the net to hear the bad stuff.

Same thing happened a few years ago with one of the bigger Pontiac vendors over defective aftermarket blocks that they wouldn't stand behind. Every day was 20 pages of drama in an on going thread. Never once was any of this mentioned in the Pontiac magazines while their ad was still running and they were doing engine builds. Now the Pontiac racers are all divided and years later moderators still have to lock down threads over the fighting between the supporters and the non-supporters.

Rupp Parts

Too solve everyones problems with Rupp orders and none communication. Use this guy Jim Kise at Home Page I have used him on all my Rupps. He sells what he has in stock with a price and if not it is labeled out of stock. Also you get it in a few days with no problems and great communication thru emails with shipping notifications. Bad business is not the way you should run any business because you won't last with the word of mouth being the internet now.

MiniBike Paul

While there is not much money involved, this thing has been bugging me all day!

So, just now, I went into a "map & neighbors" sight I know and found his next door neighbor, using his address off an old invoice, called them and the nicest lady is going to give him a note to call me! And I will keep pestering his neighbors until he responds!

I find this crap unbelievable - what the hell is he thinking???:devil2:

So, just now, I went into a "map & neighbors" sight I know and found his next door neighbor, using his address off an old invoice, called them and the nicest lady is going to give him a note to call me! And I will keep pestering his neighbors until he responds!
Paul, your wit and tenaciaty is rivaled only by Jeff Clark....and only slightly

I find this crap unbelievable - what the hell is he thinking???:devil2:
......man I hope that check I sent for the FunDay shirt doesn't bounce :eek:hmy:

This guy's better than Columbo :doah:

:
Gee, that won't make him angry????????
But very ingenious!

Mr. 1BadFox, if you go there will you please tell him about my thread here and that he needs to call me! THANK YOU!!!
I have spoken to the Festus, MO Chamber of Commerce and the business license folks at the city hall and no one knows of him or his company!!

They just told me that his address is 1261 Canepa Road, is that correct??
I would be happy to. As far as the addy goes. I just assumed the one on his site was current.

You hit the nail on the head. Much worse for people that don't use the internet .

There's a well known engine builder named Andy Mitchell that used to be fairly big in the Vintage Pontiac world until he took deposit money from people on engines, cylinder heads, blocks, etc. and never delivered.

But he's in all the general magazines like Popular Hot Rodding, etc. to prey on new victims, and the magazines look the other way while taking his advertising dollars, and letting him build engines for magazine articles. There's nobody in the Pontiac world that will deal with him unless they only go by the magazines, and never get on the net to hear the bad stuff.

Same thing happened a few years ago with one of the bigger Pontiac vendors over defective aftermarket blocks that they wouldn't stand behind. Every day was 20 pages of drama in an on going thread. Never once was any of this mentioned in the Pontiac magazines while their ad was still running and they were doing engine builds. Now the Pontiac racers are all divided and years later moderators still have to lock down threads over the fighting between the supporters and the non-supporters.
Its amazing how many people turn a blind eye to some underhanding. There is an engine builder and local record holder close by here that is going to jail for theft and fraud.

I guess I was raised right because I would never think of engaging in some of these down right dirty schemes some of these guys come up with. It seems to go with the territory to an extent. Ive had a few let downs myself. Thankfully ive learned to cover my butt pretty good these days.

MiniBike Paul

"Gee, that won't make him angry????????"

One can only hope!

I hope he assumes the worst and is embarrassed, maybe humiliated, certainly angry!

I still have 10 days to go after him thru payPal, so I really don't care what he does!

And somewhere along the way I am going to make him aware of this thread!

KKK - I have always told ToyCarTony that he is the funniest guy on OldMiniBikes; but, you are right there! I about really was rotf!

I also have an order in for Rupp Banchi parts that is over a month old. No answer on his phone and no returned emails. I just want my parts, but I did use Paypal and can get my money back.

Skipjaz

oldsledz

"Gee, that won't make him angry????????"

And somewhere along the way I am going to make him aware of this thread!

KKK - I have always told ToyCarTony that he is the funniest guy on OldMiniBikes; but, you are right there! I about really was rotf!

I would be vary surprised if he don't already know about this thread.

buckeye

What i wouldn't give to have the stock to open a mini parts business. i would love to do that for a living. Customer service is what it is all about. Just look at OldMiniBikes.

MiniBike Paul

This monrning he emailed me the following;

Paul, I'm back on my feet,somewhat......the decals you ordered......the 2.5hp balloon was not in stock as I had told you on the phone....

Do you want the flag set to be shipped and refund on the 2.5 balloon? You had mentioned on the phone you wanted them to ship together....so let me know how to proceed

Vintage Rupp Snowmobile & Minibike Parts
Thank you for inquiring
636-931-7330 Monday-Thursday 8am-12noon central
Online store NOW open!

I wrote back;

I have not heard from you for a month. Not in stock 6 weeks ago is different than you will never get them. Give me a total refund and don't ship anything! Paul

He did!

If you like him, maybe this was just some mis-communication! If you are me, "not!" - I said it wasn't about money, I want the stuff to finish the Skat Kitty and don't like being messed with!

If he is just totally dis-organised, to the point where he accepts PayPal money and then goes awol for a month, then the email I got today, that is totally bogus!

Anyway it's over; I will not order from him again!

I think it may be difficult for him to frequently update his website showing "available" or "out of stock".

The "decal" still reads; Availability: In-Stock