We lost a great friend today

It is with a heavy heart that I type this painful post. Our Friend Shoe(Dave Converse) passed away today. He had a terrible motorcycle accident in 2008 and never fully recovered. He has had good days and bad days since the accident. Most of you are familiar with his minibike and Ruppster projects on this board or you may have met him at Windber. He was a great guy that was always willing to lend a hand or give you the shirt off of his back.

Rest in peace my dear friend.

This photo is from his last trip to Windber in 2009

Oh No, That is Horrible news. I was fortunate to know him and did some deals with him, allways a nice guy. Sometimes stubborn but we all are. He will be missed. This photo was taken in 2007 before the crash. We hung out with him the whole week and did some riding together.

RIP ole timer. I cranked you no less than I would have wanted to be cranked myself. And you did just that. You stood in the pocket.....Peace be with you and your family.

Aloha.........

shoe passed :huh::sad:? no not cool man. i did not know him as well as some of you do but what i knew of him he was a great guy . did some deals with him and ill miss working with people like that . im sorry to hear that we lost such a great person . Requiescat in pace dave you will be missed .:crying:

This is horrible news, I new he was having troubles from his accident the last couple of years.But this is shocking news.
I didn,t now him a long time, but he became a good friend in the last few years. I met him at Windber in 07 and keep in touch ever since, We did some wheeling and dealing along the way also, His last bike the Ruttman he did was originally mine, We meet in late summer of this year to swap parts again and he seemed pretty good at the time.
He will be missed, Rest in Peace Friend.

Well what can be sadder than to know how his passing so untimely effects us here who followed his up's and down's during his accident recovery. I always enjoyed his work on the Ruppster project and saw this project as helping him get back to better times.
My hope is that his family is comforted by God to ease the pain of such a sudden loss.
Steve :scooter:

I talked to shoe a few times on the phone and was a stand up guy kept to his word. rip does any know if there is a donation for the family yet ?

I was fortunate enought to talk with him a few times and do a few deals. A tragic loss to the community for sure. God speed Shoe. My prayers go out to your entire family.
If there is any type of donation for the family or a cause that Dave was fond of please let me know.

Very sad news :crying: I spoke to him about two weeks ago, and he said he was struggling with his health. I was going to trade him 2 of my Broncs for his VT7. He said he really wanted to make sure I got it, Since we had been talking back and forth since the day he bought it. I told him I had to postpone the deal for a couple of weeks, and sadly I never got to meet Dave in person.My heart goes out to his family. I know he will be sadly missed on this board.RIP Shoe

He was one of the good guys, and will be most missed by the site and all who have had the pleasure to have learned and grown from him. RIP Shoe, our hearts go out to your family.

I only know dave from a couple PM's/e-mails, phone calls, and a half hour bs session in my drive way (about minis, cars, family, etc.) From these interactions I dont think a collection or donations are really needed by his family or would be appreceiated by him (I could be wrong but thats just the feeling I have). If any thing I would suggest maybe donating to something in his name like the "christmas 2010" deal then let the family know what the result was. Just an idea and if Im off base please forgive me as I know many of you have known him better and had more interactions with him than I did. With that said, if there is something setup I will for sure kick in a few bucks.