Search results

1. M

hard starting 3 1/2HP

Hello again I have gotten my 1959 3 1/2 briggs running good. It will sit there and idle until it runs out of gas, but it doesn't like to start with out some type of prime. I have to give it a shot a starting fluid (i know, I know) to get it to catch. I am not sure what I can do to make it start...
  2. M

obsolete parts for 3hp?

I just got off the phone with the local small engine shop and they told me my magneto is no longer available. I went to parts tree and it said the same thing. Any sugestions? The part number I got is 291617 if that helps anyone
  3. M

point setting 1959 3HP

I put in my new points and condenser last night and I am still not getting any spark. I still have juice at the plug wire but no spark coming from the plug. The plug is new so I know it is not that. Do I just need to set my points on my engine? I have never set the points on a small engine so I...
  4. M

Help identify my Briggs

I am trying to identify my Briggs and Stratton engine. I have the numbers and I tried to decode it but I am missing something. Model number- 81302 Type- 943546 Serial number- 5909090 The way I read this is 8 Cubic inch 1 basic design...
  5. M

Old Briggs starting probs

Hello, so it has to be something easy ut I can not figure it out. When I pull the cord I am getting juice at the plug wire (is bites me when I hold it) but I am not getting any spark at the plug. I have tried two brand new plugs and just to make sure. I took off the magnito and cleaned it with...
  6. M

Montgomery Ward

Hello, I just picked up this little mini bike and I am tring to narrow down what it is. I do know that it is an all original Montgomery Ward mini bike, but I don't know that era or the model mumber. The engine is a Briggs flat head and it looks original. If anyone knows what this engine is I...
  7. M

ALGO dist. bike?

I just saved this old bike from a barn, it was in my wifes family and the last time it was known to be ridden was in the 1980's timeframe. The front ID tag sas ALGO Dist. 3/ 1971 Ser.# 00097 Mod.# 00097 the casing on the motor says Eastenstar. It says it was made in Tiiwan but other than...
  8. M

How big is too big?

I just picked up a kart and it does not have an engine, so I got a 9HP B&S off a kid off craigslist. Will this be too much for a go kart?
  9. M

rebuilt the carb, still fussing

So I got my kit today and everything looded great. I matched everything up just to make sure and it looked good. I put it together and I had 2 O rings left, no big deal I always have left over parts on my carb rebuilds. I put the carb on and it started right up, but when I go to give it throttle...
  10. M

1" clutch for a Briggs

I just picked up a B&S 9HP engine that has a 1" crank. Does anyone have a clutch that would work? I looked on line but they are so dang expensive and my wife is already questioning how much I am going to spend "this time":rolleyes:. Arn't all wives the same. You can send me a PM if that works...
  11. M

exploded view of H-25 carb?

Does anyone have an exploded view of the Tecumseh H-25 carb? I am just trying to figure out where all the new O rings go. I know that one goes on the main jet but there is this real little one that I am unsure of. I would also just like to have an exploded view of the carb around to referance...
  12. M

9HP pressure washer motor

I was hunting around on craigslist and I found a 9HP B&S pressure washer motor for 100 bucks. Will this motor work OK on a mini bike? I have never had any experiance with a pressure washer motor, just snowblowers and rototillers. Any tips? Thanks everyone!
  13. M

my old International

I thought i would post one of my other projects that I am working on just for fun. I am in the process of putting this 1957 International S110 back on the road. I have been working on it for about a year and a half and I should have it on the road next week. It is just a driver, nothing real...
  14. M

tillison carb

I need a tillison carb for my Lil Indian. I am sot sure of the model or what fits what, I hope someone can help me out with this. I will post a picture of the carb and the engine if that will help. You can also email me at mountainmojo@live.com Thanks everyone.
  15. M

cool air filter

Hey, I thought I would contribute something instead of just asking questions. I just mounted a little Craftsman pushmower air cleaner onto my mini bike and it went right on, no modifications. It looks pretty sweet, now I just have to modify that exhaust. Just thought I would share. The push...
  16. M

So I know it is a Lil Indian

OK, so the only thing i know about this mini bike is that it is a lil Indian. It does have some history with it I guess. One of the old guys who hung around the garage where my father worked knew he had a son so he gave or sold this mini bike to him for me. It was a greenish yellow but I loved...
  17. M

Tillison carb on a Tecumseh?

Do they make a Tillison carb for a Tecumseh engine? I have a "Tilly" on my 72 Skidoo TNT that works great and I didn't know if they made one for these little engines. Any one got any good expeariances? What would an "upgrade" be? I want this little cycle to move smoothly. Like we say: slow is...
  18. M

what carb can I use?

I tried to start the mini bike this morning and still no luck. I have an old craftsman push mower waiting to thrown out and the carbs look very similur. Do I dare try the craftsman carb on the mini bike? Any thoughts. I will post the pitures and see what you guys think. I put a picture of both...
  19. M

Need some help with a 5hp

Hello, I am not exactly sure what motor I have have, but it came off of a rototiller. It has an electric start (thank God) and I was told it is a 5 hp. I had it running and then sent it with a guy who was going to set up the throttle for me a couple years ago. I just got it back a couple days...