Windber Minibike Reunion 2012

Will you be attending Windber Mini Bike Reunion? (Answer Honestly!)

• Yes!

Votes: 57 32.4%
  • No.

Votes: 86 48.9%
  • Maybe!

Votes: 33 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey again Randy,

Yes, thank you. She is seven, and that was her fist time 'driving' anything motorized.

The throttle is kind of stiff, so she has a hard time turning it too far (which for now is probably good - but gotta figure out how to adjust that). I was not sure about the idea of a three wheeler, but she liked it, it's a neat little bike, and the deal could not be beat. She's already talking about what color she want's to paint it.

Jeff looked at it when we were loading up, and tells us that when Leon created the rear end, that he did not 'hurt' the arctic cat frame, and that when she feel's better about riding on two wheels with a motor, Jeff said we can 'bolt on' an original swingarm, and turn it back in to an original looking arctic cat two wheeler.

I'm still tryin' to figure out which one of 'us' you were. I tried to speak to everyone i saw, so i know we probably spoke at some point. What were you riding most of the time ?

In the parade, i was riding within a bike or two of KustomKarts son on his CAT trike, then as we got out of town, and hit those hills, I sort of went back from there (I'm already scheming on how i'm going to either get more horsepower, or a jackshaft setup or both.) Still had great fun, and only had to walk it up one hill !

richs

Ive been going to the reunion for 8 years and I think this was the best year yet but one weekend just isent enough I think Im going to try to get there a day early it was good seeing all the old faces and meeting the new ones I just wish there was one more event like it thanks to all my famaly and I had a great time:thumbsup:

Finally got my pictures uploaded!

Well, I finally found a little time to get my pictures uploaded. Figured I'd share a few. I will say that you get so caught up in talking and having fun that you almost forget to take pictures there.

minibikin' Chad's camp which is where me, my dad and my girlfriend hung out.
I just love the seat style on that Manco mini bike. The bike itself is really cool as well. JC (Chad's elder son) just wasn't having a lot of luck keeping the chain on. Let's get that bad boy straightened out for next year.

Another candid shot of the Evil one working away! What a cool memory for many to see a bike get built and ridden at the Reunion.

What's this? Peek needs a fix! Common! You already got that sweet Trail Horse survivor, what more could you want?!

Two bikes that are a must see for all minibike enthusiasts!
First is yellowhand's Chain Bike...

The detail on this is just out of here! Everytime I'd walk past I'd see something different on it.

Second will be the Twister Trike from Kustom Kart...

The attention to detail and quality of the build is outstanding!

Chad's boy Andrew had his crowd pleasing rat bike. He got a lot of great comments which in turn put a smile on his face every time. This was quite an accomplishment for a youngster such as him. It's creating a lot of lasting memories that should only fuel his fire to do more. I believe he is already planning his next bike!

Now a few bikes that were a lot of fun to look at...

GoCart Cycles...WOW are these things tiny...but super cool!

I thought I took a couple pictures of this GoCart Cycle by itself but I guess not. It is the bike in the back.

Mickey Bike, very cool!

Big wheel Roper

Bozo Bike

ARCO

I really liked this Cheeftah!

These Bird? bikes are interesting with the ole bicycle banana seat.

This is my friend Cracky's survivor Trail Horse. He's had this since he was a kid. He told me that it was bought for his older brother and got handed down to him. Missing a clutch guard unfortunately but he's still trying to find it. Then again, aren't all of us Trail Horse people trying to find one...LOL!

Well I think that's good for now. Enjoy the pics!
AJ

There was some dude taking pictures , we paid him $15 to send us a dvd ,hope it was for real lol
Rob
I copied his info down off of the order form my old man grabbed. I don't think anyone posted it yet.

Mike Velmar's Video Productions
109 Spruce Street
Davidsville, PA 15928
(814) 479-7089
mvelmar@gmail.com

He's selling them for $15 shipped, pretty sure it's a check by mail only thing. We will definitely be ordering one for me and one for the old man! :thumbsup:

Well, I finally found a little time to get my pictures uploaded. Figured I'd share a few. I will say that you get so caught up in talking and having fun that you almost forget to take pictures there.

minibikin' Chad's camp which is where me, my dad and my girlfriend hung out.
I just love the seat style on that Manco mini bike. The bike itself is really cool as well. JC (Chad's elder son) just wasn't having a lot of luck keeping the chain on. Let's get that bad boy straightened out for next year.

Another candid shot of the Evil one working away! What a cool memory for many to see a bike get built and ridden at the Reunion.

What's this? Peek needs a fix! Common! You already got that sweet Trail Horse survivor, what more could you want?!

Two bikes that are a must see for all minibike enthusiasts!
First is yellowhand's Chain Bike...

The detail on this is just out of here! Everytime I'd walk past I'd see something different on it.

Second will be the Twister Trike from Kustom Kart...

The attention to detail and quality of the build is outstanding!

Chad's boy Andrew had his crowd pleasing rat bike. He got a lot of great comments which in turn put a smile on his face every time. This was quite an accomplishment for a youngster such as him. It's creating a lot of lasting memories that should only fuel his fire to do more. I believe he is already planning his next bike!

Now a few bikes that were a lot of fun to look at...

GoCart Cycles...WOW are these things tiny...but super cool!

I thought I took a couple pictures of this GoCart Cycle by itself but I guess not. It is the bike in the back.

Mickey Bike, very cool!

Big wheel Roper

Bozo Bike

ARCO

I really liked this Cheeftah!

These Bird? bikes are interesting with the ole bicycle banana seat.

This is my friend Cracky's survivor Trail Horse. He's had this since he was a kid. He told me that it was bought for his older brother and got handed down to him. Missing a clutch guard unfortunately but he's still trying to find it. Then again, aren't all of us Trail Horse people trying to find one...LOL!

Well I think that's good for now. Enjoy the pics!
AJ
Do we know who's Cheeftah that was?
Also, your camera makes me look fat. Yeah....that's it ...lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

AJaxMini,

Sorry, I didn't stop in, to say hello. I see you are from Central PA. I'm from Cambria County.

I was only there Friday.

"ogygopsis", just sent me an email. I didn't see him either. He may be from Huntington County

motocycle

Hey again Randy,

I'm still tryin' to figure out which one of 'us' you were. I tried to speak to everyone i saw, so i know we probably spoke at some point. What were you riding most of the time ?
I was the real good looking guy with all the junk for sale.

:anon.sml:

What a great weekend at Windber. I finally unloaded the bikes out of the truck last night.:doah: It was sure great to see some old friends and meet a lot of new folks this year.
I have to download the cameras before I can post any photos. There are already so many great photos from this year that I should only need to add a few.

Remember, there is no telling who may show up at Windber. :laugh:

TomH

What a great weekend at Windber. I finally unloaded the bikes out of the truck last night.:doah: It was sure great to see some old friends and meet a lot of new folks this year.
I have to download the cameras before I can post any photos. There are already so many great photos from this year that I should only need to add a few.

Remember, there is no telling who may show up at Windber. :laugh:

C'mon X-90 You can't get enough pics. I have been waiting for your stuff. Load it up dude. BTW everybody that shared, big thank you here! Many smiles, faces to go with the handles, and bikes I have never seen.

Its the Meatball masked bandit... I saw kids burying their faces into their parents when I rode by in town with this thing on, I purposely rode close on the left sidewalk side. Kind of felt bad, but kind of didn't :smile:

Here is the mask: Meatball Mask

Another HAPPY Windber participant! Got home late Tuesday, just got caught up at work!

#1 Thanks to Drew & Viki for everything!! You guys are great! You really made the whole weekend better; what a fun place (Camp OldMiniBikes) to hang out, meet people and watch the Evil one do his thing!!

Everybody has been listed over and over, what a bunch of cool guys and nice people!

SPACIAL THANKS to Derrick (Shelby28) & his dad for hauling my bike all the way there and back!

While no way could I log the hours that SC's K did, I spent a hell of a lot of time riding - and I really think that the Limo was a perfect Windber bike; lots of suspension and lots of grunt from take off to top speed. It went up the hills effortlessly and was a smooth ride on that bumpy grass!

Many thanks to Jeff, you are an over the top guy, and to his wife Dawn and her crew at the lunch counter - the fruit salad was perfect, as were the burgers after I messed with them on your grill, thanks!

And while I may have slipped a few quarters into my own little plastic bag, I sure like my new office decoration . . . . . . . .

I fully expect to be there next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.