Search results

1. W

Briggs Valve Guide Kit

I need to repair the valve guides on a 5hp briggs flathead but I have never repaired valve guides before and do not have the tooling. It looks like there are several options out there. The most expensive and easiest looking to use is the EZ bore kit. I found it here: Valve Guide...
  2. W

5hp older style briggs block

Well I am rebuilding a 71 5hp briggs. The block needs valve guides and bored over. So I am now looking for a new block. Does anyone have a good older style block? Preferably one that is ready to go! But the most important thing is that it has good valve guides. I can have the cylinder...
  3. W

2.5Hp Cooper Clipper Briggs Long Block

My 5hp briggs rebuild project is costing more than expected haha. I have this old 1960's 61102 cooper clipper motor laying around. The flywheel had a collision with the coil and broke off one of the coil studs that is part of the block. The block is probably no good but I will throw in the...
  4. W

1971 Copper 5hp Briggs Rebuild

I purchased a 1971 copper briggs 5hp model 130202 from Minibikin. I am going to do a complete restoration/rebuild of the motor. I want this thing to look like it just rolled out of the factory in 71!!! I have al Here are pictures of what it looked like before being torn down. G]...
  5. W

5hp briggs bearing crank

I picked up a nice newer style 5hp I/C briggs. It came off of a water pump and it has a threaded shaft. I want to ditch that shaft and go with a good standard bearing shaft. Anyone have one???
  6. W

Rebuild kits

Has anyone used these 5hp rebuild kits off of ebay??? Rebuild Kit for Briggs & Stratton 5 HP Std. Bore Engine | eBay
  7. W

Wanted: 5 HP Briggs

I am looking for a good project 5 horse.
  8. W

1960's 2.5 hp briggs engine parts

I have a 1960's 2.5 hp briggs that has a bad block but all internals are good. The gas tank and carb are in great shape, the pull cover is in great shape, and so is the head. I can sell this all together or in parts. If you are interested in something just make me an offer.
  9. W

Carburetor Cleaner

I just bought a 20 gallon parts washing tank. I am looking to buy some carb cleaner to put in it. I want something really strong. What do you guys use?
  10. W

Tecumseh H 35

I have been told that this is a craftsman model 3.5 hp but that it is cross references to the Tecumseh H35 - 45592R model. It will run with gas poured in it. When it runs it runs great! The guy I got it from said that it leaked gas from the bottom of the carb. I have no use for it. I prefer...
  11. W

What is this?

So yesterday I picked up a tecumseh engine and a 5 hp briggs. With in a few mins I got both to fire. The guy I got them from said the tecumseh leaked gas very badly from underneath the carb. I have no idea what kind of tecumseh this is or what I need to do to complete this engine.
  12. W

5 HP H50 Tecumseh for sale

I have been told this is a 1983 model. It currently does not run and will need a rebuild. I was going to do it but I am just not a tecumseh guy I prefer briggs. I took most everything apart except the side cover(i couldn't get the pulley off of the shaft). I believe it has a bad camshaft...
  13. W

1965 5 HP Tecumseh

This engine does not run it is going to need a rebuild. I was going to do it but I am just not a tecumseh guy I prefer briggs. I took most everything apart except the side cover(i couldnt get the pulley off of the shaft). I believe it has a bad camshaft because the lifters do not function...
  14. W

CHEAP!! Briggs diaphragms and carb to tank gaskets!

Here is an older style briggs carb to tank gasket plus diaphragm Briggs & Stratton Diaphragm and Carburetor Gasket Kit 3 - 5 HP 270026 & 272409 | eBay Here is an newer style briggs carb to tank gasket plus diaphragm Briggs & Stratton Diaphragm and Carburetor Gasket Kit 3 - 5 HP 272538 &...
  15. W

Leaking around gas cap

Ive had several briggs that leak gas around the gas cap area(the older style engines with the metal gas caps). What is the best way to stop the this?
  16. W

1969 2 hp briggs decals

Does anyone know where to come by decal sets for older briggs. I found some on ebay but none were for a 2 hp.
  17. W

Stupid Mistake

Well tonight I made a really dumb mistake. I was cleaning a newer style 5 hp gas tank and punched a pretty big whole through the bowl. Would Jb weld be able to patch this up?
  18. W

3.5 HP Newer Style Recoil Housing

I need a good working recoild/blower housing assembly for a 3.5 hp horizontal shaft engine.
  19. W

3.5 Hp Tec Intake Manifold Part #36703 or 34597

Hi guys, I need a 3.5 hp intake for a tecumseh h35. The part number is 36703 or 34597. Here are some pics of what it should look like
  20. W

5 hp briggs Need some advice

So guys I just picked up another briggs 5 hp this week. This one is a newer style fun power engine. The guy only wanted 35 bucs for it so I could not pass up. I figure I will just resale it on ebay. After getting it running I noticed it smoked. Once it got warmed up it still smoked but not...