Powell Bro Serial Numbers List

Hey Bay area Burrito,

S and W equipment is where I bought my Powell Challenger in 1969.
So maybe Steve owns my original Powell?
3436-K For Steve Durham: One of twenty built on 6/11/69 and sold to S&W Equipment on 6/12/69.

The one I just bought from a gent in Texas is seriel no. 5820 H

By the way, S and W Equipment was a Lawnmower/ equipment company on Stevens Creek Blvd in San Jose, Ca.

Thanks

Joe Motis

Hi All,
Got the horid blue and yellow paint scraped off my new Powell and it is #1890-C. The engine had been repainted however they did not paint a decal on the tin that reads "Sold by Frankson's Scooter Mart, Glendale, California". The engine appears original with a code of 6807247. If I read the Briggs site properly the engine was built July 24th, 1968.
I have it down to a pile of parts and the restoration begins. :grind:

james c

Hi All,
Got the horid blue and yellow paint scraped off my new Powell and it is #1890-C. The engine had been repainted however they did not paint a decal on the tin that reads "Sold by Frankson's Scooter Mart, Glendale, California". The engine appears original with a code of 6807247. If I read the Briggs site properly the engine was built July 24th, 1968.
lets see some pics when ya can.

george3

Hi All,
C series would be a 1968 bike. Where is the pics?

Thanks 1stlegendtx for the photo. That is the Powell that scattered is my shop.

I'll get some photos up in a day or so. Last night I got the engine back together and it ran up just fine. Today I am stripping paint and putting together a parts order.

Best Regards,
Mike
Laharview Farm

1stlegendtx

Thanks 1stlegendtx for the photo. That is the Powell that scattered is my shop.

I'll get some photos up in a day or so. Last night I got the engine back together and it ran up just fine. Today I am stripping paint and putting together a parts order.

Best Regards,
Mike
Laharview Farm
I just wish you had seen it on it's first cl go when it was $100.00.

Hi All,

Here are some pics. The rear sproket has been modified but is a very good machine job. I'm guessing this was done due wear/damage on the original.

This Mini will see a lot of antique tractor shows and is a replacement for a custom I built that was stolen in Elma, WA July 2011.

Best Regards,
Mike
Laharview Farm