Search results

1. poorboy

Cheapo Briggs Exhaust Extension

Tried a bit of ghetto for my Atlas resto/rat build. The exhasut extension is chorme plated brass tailpiece for a sink from home depot The bell fits over the standard hot dog muffler and gets held in place by the pot metal nut that comes with the tail piece. Ran it for about 10 and it held...
  2. poorboy

Atlas Decal

Looking for an Atlas decal for the front of the MB. Let me know if anyone has any ideas please...and yes, I did search.
  3. poorboy

3hp b&s carb/gov linkage...with a picture

Guys take a look at this photo. I've got a couple differnt linkages called out. Just need to clarify that I'm going about this the right way. The green line shows the solid wire link between the throttle and gov. The blue line will be the throttle control input - twist throttle The...
  4. poorboy

Max Torque Clutch Sprocket Change

I've got an almost new MT centrifigual clutch. Problem is it came off another project that uses a #40 series chain and I need #35. Question. How do you remove the sprocket and bushing from the clutch casing? Can I simply order a rebuild kit with new bushing and sprocket for a #35...
  5. poorboy

Gas Tank Cleaning...black tar

Trying to clean out a fuel tank on a 69 briggs that has 1/4 inch of black tar that had hardened over the years. Regular tap water and solid lye...50/50 mix...really caustic. Two days later Clean as a whistle. Nasty stuff so be careful...also lye must be a key ingredient in the making of...
  6. poorboy

I swear I searched...copper exhaust

3hp briggs 3/4 threaded block. would like to come off the block and just past the tank with a kick out either down or out. Could I use thick wall copper and silver solder on a male PTF to make the connection to the block. How successful will I be at bending the pipe slightyly 45 degree or...
  7. poorboy

welded on sprocket

1970 atlas with 4 in one-piece rims. #35 sprocket which is welded onto the hub from the factory. I'd like to be able to change sprockets and the teeth on this one are pretty rounded over. Any ideas short of buying a new wheel assebly? Also, how do you all remove and remount your tires...
  8. poorboy

Rebuilding a 80212

Got it torn down last night and had a couple of questions. This will be for another Atlas that I'm rebuilding for my girls to ride around the block. Everything was pretty clean. The intake valve was stuck really bad with and after some work it came out. It is slightly bent and you can...
  9. poorboy

Atlas redux

Well, it's finally complete....my daughter actually loves riding this thing and has been on my tail to get it finished. Thanks to all on here that have helped with information and advise....
  10. poorboy

handle bar....I need a brake lever

that about sums it up....anyone know where to find a brake lever for one inch bars.....?
  11. poorboy

Oh....seat guy.....I need one.....

Need to get a seat for the Atlas and was wondering if the seat dude felt like making one. Need to know the process of what you need from me...besides money:smile: Here's a pic of what it looks like. Colors are going to be red and steel grey...thinking black seat with some red piping?
  12. poorboy

Allied Lesure Corp....don't......

HESITATE TO USE THESE FOLKS. Everyone I spoke to up there was just great. I bought the band brake kit and while it is a little pricey....it will fit the bill. Customer service was great from the gal who answered the phone to John to RJ. Good Company...No worrires.
  13. poorboy

Atlas is coming along

Just taking my time...everyone likes pictures.... Progress....I've repainted the wheels and added new hardware including bearings and spacers...tubes and tires. welded on foot pegs have been ground off. Throttle added. Engine painted and carb and tank cleaned. Waiting on...
  14. poorboy

Sprocket ?

I'm going to purchase a new 72 tooth sprocket and can't figure out how they measure the bolt spacing. My old is a #35 60tooth and has a 2" center hole and I think about 2 1/8th inches from hole center to hole center on the 4 holes that hold the sprocket to the hub... Does this sound like...
  15. poorboy

Orange Peel.....

I hate it....what causes it. I had the rear wheel of the atlas painted for about 24-30 hours and then decided to recoat... The recoat went on slick as snot and then 5 min later orange peeled like crazy.... Was the first coat still "flashing off"? Actually looks kinda cool....think...
  16. poorboy

Any chance in hell....

My bike is going to be able to move me around my flat neighbor hood faster than a walking pace? 3hp B&S 13 toof drive 60 toof rear 5" tires..... Oh, and me you ask....240 and 6'2.....
  17. poorboy

Randy don't know....

So he said I should post it here to see if anyone has seen something simular...Its a 6" wheel, hub, and sprocket that came off my Atlas... So, what the hell is it???
  18. poorboy

Atlas in Missouri

Well her she is....the object of my affection....for now Looking at photos It looks to be a MB3000 but the tab reads MB1000A The rear pegs are not original but luckly they were welded on and not bolted...so they will be coming off.
  19. poorboy

Bearings

Hey, as luck would find it...My dad found some original 5" rims from one of my old minibikes...these are steel two piece rims and I'm going to use them on the Atlas.... Question 1. these rims have tappered roller bearings (timken USA) that are shot... I measured the OD on the hub as 1.75...
  20. poorboy

More ???

Front sprocket = maxtorque 13 tooth Rear Drive = 45 tooth No Jack No Idler 3hp Briggs stock 4.10x3.50x6 Question....I want this bike to have good lowend torgue for my 9 year old...ya know to kind of give her that OH sh@@t feeling without haveing her go to Gawd afful fast....think this...